Thursday, May 9, 2013

Where has the time gone?

I can't believe that it has been almost a year since my last post.  A lot has happened over the last year...the loss of two dear family members and a dear friend.  I am so happy to see spring finally here and warmer temperatures.  Osteoarthritis has taken over my body and the cold makes it worse.  I see Florida in our retirement future...but that's a long way off!  I've been a bit blue lately but with the warmer temps outside I can't help but be cheered up.  SPRING!!!

Husband surprised me with a Quilt Cam for my longarm on my birthday.  It makes stitching pantos from the front of the machine a breeze!  Thank you, honey!  I love my new Quilt Cam!

My new friend, Anne, and I headed to Lancaster in February for a shop-till-you-drop fabric shopping trip.  I found the most wonderful fabrics and had such a good time!  We're contemplating another trip in the near future.  Better save my dollars!

I've completed several projects within the last few months.  Here's an Irish Chain that Anne pieced and I quilted.  The recipient is a mutual friend of ours.  I think it turned out nice.  Here's a picture...

 

I also completed quilting two baby quilts.  The first I pieced and quilted for a baby shower for my parent's former neighbors.  I love how the bias binding came out on this cute little panel quilt.

 
This next quilt was pieced by Anne again for her granddaughter who is due in August.  This is not your typical baby quilt, but there's a story behind this quilt so suffice to say it is perfect!  I love the boldness of the fabrics, the thread color choice and all of the texture that the fossil panto provides!  Here's the front...
 
 
and here is the back...
 




Love it!  I guess I should mention that Anne loved it, too...which is the important thing!

I'm currently binding another quilt and I'll share a picture of that next time.  Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment