Saturday, June 16, 2012

What a great day!

I was able to figure out how to create my own blog.  It wasn't so hard.

We finally got out back to finish the flower beds and put mulch down.  It's the kind of mulch that has manure in it...stinky!  Didn't one of the dogs decided to roll her face in the mulch!  A little brushing and she was back to being beautiful again...except for the smell.  We are way behind schedule on our yard chores, but considering what the past few months have been like, I think we're doing ok.  A little behind but we're getting there.  The flower beds look so nice!  I'm always up at the crack of dawn so I'll get out early tomorrow morning to plant a flat of annuals.  A little Miracle Grow and they'll be fine.

Mark, me and our youngest son spent the evening with my parents for an early Father's Day celebration.  My Dad has learned how to use the Nook and so his father's day gift was several novels downloaded to Nook...we won't see him for a few weeks...LOL!  He has never used a computer before, or any new technology for that matter, and I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly he learned to use the Nook.  Of course, my Dad is a pretty smart guy so I shouldn't be surprised.  My husband's father day gift was a pair of golfing shorts and new hat.  Happy Father's Day!!!

It's been a very satisfying day!



No comments:

Post a Comment